Noblesse Key

I am a kenneth.










.





Sunday, March 25, 2012

Of togas and Diplomas

Okay, there are gazillions of thoughts running in my cerebrum right now. With so many memorable things that happened yesterday, I don't know where to start. Oh well, I think I'm done with just two sentences so I think that's enough for a start. 

So this post will be a procedural thing. From the start of the graduation until the evening. Let's go straight to the time when I was riding the public Jeep on my way to the university. All the passengers were looking at me, like I'm some sort of super star. I was in long sleeves, slacks, and black shoes. Yes, I was really good looking back then. No objections, this is my blog. 

When I arrived at our room, I saw my co-graduates having a photo shoot. The baccalaureate mass is about to start so I had to get my neck tie fixed. I searched outside the room for someone since my classmates don't know how and I don't know how as well. Luckily, I saw my teacher in desktop publishing so I asked him to tie it for me. I got a teacher fix my tie!!! It's quite convenient to have your teacher do a favor for you. 

Since, there were few minutes left, I went to the office to place my bag. I saw the camera and let one of my staff to take pictures of me and my co-graduate from the publication, Rina. 
Rina and me at The NORSUnian office
As certified narcissists, we got stuck with the camera that we forgot the time. And when we realized it, it's already too late. We missed our line. She was lucky that she was spared a chair in the complex but unfortunately for me, I was out of place. 

hahaha...that's me! all alone at the back...T_T
But I was not that sad since I was the center of attraction during that time. So the mass went on which I am not really into. Honestly, I have not went to mass for the past many years. But I pray a lot. I was thinking of the of the projects and sleepless nights when I was still in my junior year. My junior year was the hardest year for me. Even now, I still wonder how I have survived. 

Hi! Fellow graduates
When the mass ended, I went back to the office to take my lunch. I was quite hungry since I have not taken my breakfast. After eating, I went to the canteen to buy some prepaid load. I'm in the mood to send some random group messages. And I need to contact my mother as well. My mother is attending my graduation together with my youngest brother and grandmom. While waiting for the clock to strike 3:00 pm. I had another photo shoot. 
The smile...haha
But it was too early, so there were lots of photo shoots!
That's me with my flying broom stick!

I have my wand as well. Do I look familiar?
But there was still plenty of time!!! (I came early, I was traumatized to what happened in the morning that I really see to it that I won't get late anymore.) I used the time to take pictures with all of my classmates.

me and Rolfdon (he's the best in video editing in our batch...because I had no interest in it!)

me and Janice (she's quite sassy and bubbly)

me and Diana (she's very childish)

me and Bern (she's the boyish type [the frown...tsk!])

me and Ethel (she's a procrastinator and doesn't pay debts)

me and Carissa (she's my quiet but dangerous classmate)

me and Geraldine (she has a crush on me [for three years]...hahaha)

me and Deborah (she's my demure but cunning classmate and we both like Kpop)

me and Hemelyn (she's my party girl classmate)

me and Pearl (she's my funny and flirty classmate)

me and Kervey (he's my mysterious classmate)

me and Carlisle (she is the only dancer in the batch)

me and Maybelle (she's my magna cum laude classmate)
Enough with the pictures. It is now time for the main event--the graduation proper. I was in utter disbelief that I'm actually few moments away from my diploma. I could not explain the anxiety that I'm feeling that time. I was counting my every step. (Overreacting!!!)

Before we take our seats
 So, the long round of talking starts. I mean, while the guest speaker was talking, me and my seatmates were busy taking photos and chatting with each other. Yes, we are addicted with the click of the camera. Maybe because we are thrilled to post it on social networking sites like Facebook and BLOGGER. You may guess who the speaker was. It was no less than the university president himself. This will be his last term as president. 

University President Henry A. Sojor
After the talk, the calling of graduates. Don't get too excited. There are more than a thousand students before my name will be called. Every name was boring.
See the number? Try to make a guess!
When the college dean of the College of Arts and Sciences was starting to call the names of the students, I felt nervous and excited. It was a nice feeling.

me and Dr. Sojor
With my mock diploma in hand, I smiled every step of the way. Why? It is because the graduation was covered by two television stations. I asked my relatives to wait for me to appear on television so I had to look my best.

After the graduation, I went straight to my ride. To my surprise, the little vultures were already waiting for me. They were so eager for the food that they were sending random messages while the graduation was going on. 
TN staffers
So, the eating session starts. There were lots of people in our house. But I only see my family members. I know that the happiness that I'm feeling is felt by them too. 


Me and Grandpa

me and mom

me and relatives

me and relatives II

me and best friend

me and relatives III

me and relatives IV

My aunts and children
Uncle Jolex and Aunt Gerly and me

 Badoy and Aunt Glen

Cousins and Bro in hat

me, dad, mom, and uncle

Me and Aunt Meloudy and cousin
kendrex, me, kaye, dad, mom, grandma, aunt


me and adopted family
 So there goes my day of graduation. I would like to take credit my brother, Kendrex, for the photos. This post will not be realized without your help.


7 comments:

  1. Being the older one between the two of us, I really want to pull your legs on various fronts. But, I shall refrain from doing so since you had a big day and you wouldn’t have the patience to stand my jibes. Yeah, yeah I know I am very kind.

    What struck me the most is that, so many people gathered to celebrate your special day and all look so happy together. That’s what the photos say. Any moment becomes a hundred times better when you have so many people to share the joys with.

    So then Noblesse, are you ecstatic? After all, you have managed to overcome one important phase of your life.
    Many congratulations and best wishes to you. (^◡^)

    P.S You look good in spectacles and I hope you didn't steal that broomstick from my profile picture or worse, you snatched it away from Harry potter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. [Oh gosh, what happened to my comment here? I am re-posting it.]

    Being the older one between the two of us, I really want to pull your legs on various fronts. But, I shall refrain from doing so since you had a big day and you wouldn’t have the patience to stand my jibes. Yeah, yeah I know I am very kind.

    What struck me the most is that, so many people gathered to celebrate your special day and all look so happy together. That’s what the photos say. Any moment becomes a hundred times better when you have so many people to share the joys with.

    So then Noblesse, are you ecstatic? After all, you have managed to overcome one important phase of your life.
    Many congratulations and best wishes to you. (^◡^)

    P.S You look good in spectacles and I hope you didn't steal that broomstick from my profile picture or worse, you snatched it away from Harry potter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can pull my legs now..hahah

    Yeah, there were many guests in our little house. Thank you for the greetings!!!

    Speaking of spectacles, I lost them.. T_T

    I guess we do have another something in common...the broomstick!!! I just borrowed it from Harry and promised to return it when we meet again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What??? That handsome spectacle, you lost it!!! Boooo!!!

    About pulling legs, I dropped the idea. It could get dangerous. (¬‿¬)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. waaaaaah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!kennneeetttthhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    binata na ayo ka sa u pics.,dakong tawo najud naka.wahahaha,,pero bakit feel na feel ko parang sa sunod natin kita mahihiya na ako saiyo..murag ahhmmmm i don't know nalulungkot ako,..huhuhu,..OA na naman...,,):

    pero congrats kenneth,.i'm really really happy for you,.goodluck sa next chapter sa u life,*(:

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Car...and Yes...maulaw na jud ka mutapad nako...hahahaha...I'm so cute!

    ReplyDelete

I am a very understanding person, so feel free to leave your nice and wonderful comments.