Noblesse Key

I am a kenneth.










.





Sunday, April 22, 2012

Everything at ONCE


There comes a time when everything good is happening all the time. I wanted to have a good job and I never thought that fate would give me three at the same time. 

I have been writing and publishing articles for a newspaper for quite some time now. Being a journalist is really fulfilling and rewarding. Being able to see your articles being published and read by many. 

Yesterday, I went to the company I applied for as copy editor, had my interview and training will be in two weeks time. I am really happy to have my first formal job after graduation. The salary is quite good especially for a fresh graduate. 

So as my header goes, I am a journalist and copy editor. I love having both of them. But here comes the twist, I received an email yesterday afternoon that my application as MANAGING EDITOR for a magazine has been accepted. Enclosed in the email is my first assignment. An article I need to write in order for them to assess if I am really fit for the position.

The article they gave me was just easy. So in the near tomorrow, if I'm hired as Managing editor, what will I do with being a journalist and copy editor. What path will I take?

Having no job is hard but I never imagined that having many offers is harder. If I choose being a Managing editor, I'll loose the two which I have committed myself. Well, I have not signed any contract or anything yet for the copy editor position as well as the newspaper. 

I asked myself what I want the most, being a journalist and copy editor or being a managing editor. Both have equal importance. Both have good pay. Both are very rewarding professions. 

If I continue being a journalist and copy editor, I will have my friends with me. I can meet and talk with them everyday. We can make our bonds even stronger. I can write articles with them and have fun with them. 

If I accept being a Managing editor, I will be in a position where one in a thousand is given the opportunity to be in. I can travel to the places I have not been to for free. I could write and have fun at the same time. 

Shall I make a future with my friends or take a path of my own? I am very fortunate to have been blessed with lots of opportunities. But I feel lost. Anyway, one way or another, I have to make a decision and I just hope, it's the right one. 



14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. thanks, tsk...that's all you can say? ahahahahhah

      Delete
    2. i have lots to say in your achievements right now,.but those words summed it all,hahaha..is my english correct kenneth?..hahaha,,*(:

      Delete
  2. Uhhhmm, I think you need to edit your header Key and add the word 'MANAGING EDITOR'. Just kidding, lots of luck on you these days. Keep up the good work and always bear in mind that first impression last. Do your best on your assigned task correctly and GOD will do the rest.

    P.S. mangaply nya mi og writer or whatsoever...
    jela will be the janitress

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, those words from you seems to be so...Uhmmm....I lost for words..

      Thanks Bert. Yeah, you can apply but I'm not sure with the acceptance..hahahahahhaha...joke!

      Delete
    2. whatevz bert!..
      I'll surely be ur boss someday. hahaha

      Delete
  3. I thought only troubles come all at the same time. But what do I read here? You have got three awesome job options and that too being a fresher. Wow! Are you that talented Noblesse? :P
    Just kidding! Surely you are. :)

    I hope that you have set your priorities because your decision will depend on what you seek in your life. Make your choice in accordance with your ambitions and aspirations. But I don't think that you need to be told that, right? You are good enough to be offered these jobs, definitely you are capable of making a better judgement too.

    As per my observations, there is no absolute right choice. You are bound to gain something and lose the other in between but as long as you are happy with your decision, it's all well and fine.

    Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I never thought that it would even happen. I am certain that I am not that talented, I'm more of the hard working type..aheheheh

      It saddens me to let go either one. If only they were not offered to me at the same time, then I would be really happy.

      Thanks Sui.

      Delete
  4. Hmmm... when faced with difficult decisions, I always ask for Divine Guidance. That way you'll be enlightened and He'll lead you to where you're supposed to be. :-)

    Well anyway, congratulations for being given those opportunities! :-)

    And it was foolish of me to not be able to find time to visit your blog when I've been following you for some time now. Sui's poem about you told me I had to swing by your place in the virtual world hehehe :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I really do think that's a good idea. Thank you.

      Well, it is better late than never. Hope we could become good blogger friends. Welcome Irene!

      Delete

I am a very understanding person, so feel free to leave your nice and wonderful comments.