Noblesse Key

I am a kenneth.










.





Tuesday, July 24, 2012

The Manila Girl


I met Caroline 3 years ago when I that joined the school publication where she was the business manager. We weren't friends in the first year, so we are friends for 2 years.

She was an untidy one. She wears a pair of eyeglasses. She does not put make up on. She was unpopular. She was a very ordinary student which puzzles me why and how did we become friends. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t choose my friends, it is just that…oh never mind.

Caroline was friendly and utterly kind. Thinking about it, maybe that’s the reason why. She was kind, and I was quite not, a little naughty. She was the one who tells me to watch my words. So yeah, she was my adviser. That’s the kind of friendship we have.

Like any other friendship, we did have fights, too. Not verbally though, we just did not talk to each other and pretend we don’t see each other when we meet on the aisles; the thing is that we meet everyday. Mostly, the reason is that I said something that hurt her, practically a joke that she misinterpreted. Basically, our fights would reach MONTHS.  But the funny thing is that she’s the first one to say sorry and admits that she overreacted. I told you she was kind. Yeah, I’m the abusive friend, I know.

She is very talkative and a good listener as well. That’s why there’s no wonder why we spend hours and hours just by talking trivial things. I share my darks thoughts to her, like how I hate person, how sly I am. She tells me that I’m bad, gives me good advices, though I don’t follow them. She never shares what I told her.  

She knows when I pretend to be kind. She knows when I fake smile. I think she somehow feels special to know the dark side of me, to know that the cute and all smile Key is actually a villain. Don’t get me wrong, I’m just the type of person who always makes things even. But I’m a different person now, I guess.

So enough with the brief introduction, let me tell you that reason for this post.

So after more than a year of not seeing each other, communicating though calls and Facebook, we finally met again. She came from Manila, the capital of Philippines, which is quite far from the remote province of Negros. She is now working as a real estate agent. We native people are somehow ignorant of what is life in one of the biggest cities on the country. We only have ONE mall here in our place, and it’s a small one.

Last Sunday, she invited me to eat and have a little chit chat. We talked and talked. And I ate and ate. We walk through downtown. I told her all the bad things I have done. She shared her life in Manila. She told me that our place became small in her eyes. And one significant thing is that, she knows how to fix herself now; she even dyed her hair.  

She has a lot of friends. I was just one of them. But I was the one she contacted first. She only had two days to stay because she needs to go back Manila immediately due to her work. So you see…being a bad friend is sometimes good. She really cares what her bad friend is doing now.

Thanks for caring Caroline! Good luck! 



   
  

 


                                                                        

32 comments:

  1. Wow, that's a beautiful story of the friendship you have with Caroline! She does sound like a true friend.

    I, too, used to be ignorant about Manila. I only got used to the lifestyle there when I went to college. But I think I'm still more of a promdi as I yearn for the laid back lifestyle here in my province, La Union. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She 's a true friend..

      ahahahah...so you're from the province too...wahahahahah

      Delete
  2. wow real state agent....big time,hehe...saan ka ba negros or cebu....akala ko cebu,hehe..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has a million now actually...Negros Oriental...

      Delete
  3. ,,kennneeettth!!!!!!!!!,, i love you soooo much my very very dear friend, alam mo yan,..goodluck din sayo always, and i wish, hope na HINDI MO TALAGA AKO KAKALIMUTAN kenneth ha,.be always happy, take care,*(:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks te Caroline Casal for the treat last Monday. NABUSOG GID KAMI! Haha. Hope you'll find what you aim for in life.

      Delete
    2. you are welcome bert,.. thank you din,..ikaw din ha,,take care of TN,..bsta balance lang studies and TN ha,..goodluck!!!,,*(:

      Delete
  4. Awwwwwwww!!!
    It's so great to have such a friend. Such friends are gems, very rare to find in this day and age. It's good that you cherish them, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I guess...it won't cost me a penny so I think it's okay...wahahahahahahah

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. why stick into friendship when both of you can elevate it into another LEVEL.. eeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhh!! ;-) basig dili na nah friend imo na-feel niya key. hahahah...

    oh well! the picture below is one perfect illustration of a sweet couple..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just remembered a quote "Kunwari ka pang kinikilig para sa kanila naiingit ka na pala." Bang!

      Delete
    2. ha??.. Ako nasuya? NGEEEEEEE!!.. What the ******!

      Delete
  7. this post reminds me of my best friend. we share the same birthday and I am 3 hours older than her. we lost contact when we're 15 but I met her last 5 years when she accidentally met my Mom at the grocery store and my Mom give her my number. so we finally can keep in touch. and she's going to get married this coming August!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers to our friends..wow! congratulations on your friend's wedding...

      Delete
  8. I have tagged you. Here's the link: http://imaginativespiral.blogspot.com/2012/07/tagging-season-2-episode-2.html

    I hope you could spare some time Lord Noblesse to visit and answer my questions.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooo, what are you and Irene talking about? LOL! I envy you guys, I lived in QC all my life... except for those years I was abroad...

    I guess your personality clicked so well with Caroline. I think that's what you call 'maturity' Key :P...I mean, I guess, females do mature years ahead than guys ahahaha...

    I'm so happy to visit you again. I caught the flu and rested for a week or two :) I hope everything's well with you young one :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. So you've lived in a big city all your life...how boring..ahahahahahaha

    Yeah, I think so. She cannot believe my slyness.

    Oh, I really hope you're okay now. I missed you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, thanks :)I feel so alive now and went to greet everybody else...oh wait, I forgot about Albert :P shhh!

      Boring isn't exactly the right word LOL! Lack of adventure perhaps ahahaha...

      Delete
    2. ahahahahah...you forgot about albert! nice!

      Have you rode on a carabao?...if not, then you must someday, okay!? I really want to live in a big city someday, and I want to feel the feeling of being lost. waahaahaahah

      Delete
    3. A carabao ride would be great! I only heard of this from my college friends. I'll put that on my list :P

      Hey, be careful in dealing with people anywhere you go. You're a smart kid, ask for directions. Kulitskey!

      Delete

I am a very understanding person, so feel free to leave your nice and wonderful comments.