Noblesse Key

I am a kenneth.










.





Thursday, January 7, 2016

Research-Obsessed Classes

It has been four days since I went back here to Cebu and resumed my duties as a copy editor. It’s still the same though. I am more concerned now for the upcoming midterms for my master’s class since we haven’t really covered a lot of topics due to the many holidays and seminars in November and December 2015.
I am a little bit concerned about my teachers. They seemed to be giving out projects in compensation for the days they weren’t able to conduct classes due to reasons. Since the curriculum is revamped to be outcome-based, my teachers tend to focus on the outcome (research paper) and have forgotten about the input. Even in my statistics class, we are required a research paper at the end of the semester, as if the subject itself is not cumbersome enough. Not to mention the fact that we indeed have a research process class that is good for one semester, which requires a publishable research paper as a requirement. Now that is the proper outcome.
It has become all about the outcome—that is, a concrete evidence they could show to accreditors (my opinion, of course). There’s no point in paying attention to class since it won’t matter. As long as you can come up with the required list of “outcomes,” then you are good to go. This is not what I expect from one of the top schools in the country.

But, of course, I could be wrong about this and just turned out be a whining lazy student who wants everything to be easy. Oh, well, three months, I still have three months to think how I will proceed with this graduate education.


0 keywords:

Post a Comment

I am a very understanding person, so feel free to leave your nice and wonderful comments.